Saturday, July 28, 2012

Olympic Fever is HERE!!

 At the end of June while my kids and I were watching the Summer Olympic trials.. it came to me! "I Will" Olympics! That was my brilliant theme!  So I began by pulling lessons from the manaul that fit. This month in the nursery we are focusing on five of the "I Will.." lessons from the manual. I am using the primary song "Nephi's Courage" as kind of our theme song.

"I will go and I will do the things the Lord commands.." and it's corresponding scripture.

Sadly, it has taken me about half the month to decorate the nursery, and honestly there is more I wanted to do.. but I got sick and classes started so time ran out! I started by making olympic rings, hanging balloons and stars from the ceiling to give a fun feeling.  Plus, when we have a crabby kid we can usually lift them up and they love to hit the balloons or stars.. it is a great distractor! Next I cut out the letters from tissue paper for I WILL! and used liquard starch to adhere it to the walls. WARNING: TEST EACH COLOR to make sure it does not bleed onto the wall. The blue tissue paper did this to me and thankfully a magic eraser made it go away, but your walls maybe be different. ALWAYS TEST! 
Since our nursery is two rooms (with a door between them) we use one room as a snack, playdough, lesson and Child Pick up room and the bigger room for playing, welcome and closing circle, singing time, and such.   Because it is two different rooms we have two chalkboards. For this theme I made one chalkboard a "Leader Board" and the other one the winner podiums.  See photos next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment