Thursday, September 27, 2012

Autumn in the nursery...and changes.

First things first. My family is moving, which means this is the last time I will decorate the nursery for the Kingsland, Georgia Ward.  I actually finished them last week, but I have been busy with school and packing so I didn't post the pictures.  Here is my autumn decorations! Some turned out well others I didn't like and would do differently next time.  Either way it created a warm and comfortable place for the nursery children.

Here is the large/main room.  The longer wall.  I tried to make this a bit changable for the winter months/Christmas season.  My co-leader will just take down the tree, pumpkins, and owl (if she wants too) in their place add a fir tree and snow to the fence... maybe some snowflakes to the wall as well as hanging.



I love this little owl! I thought he was soo darling! Good job me!!


 
 

The autumn tree just glued on a bunch of pre-cut leaves (from the dollar store) onto a large piece of gift wrapping paper. 

Due to time constraints and running out of stream from packing, studying and life.. my wheat stalks are not the greatest, but okay.  I added the fence and of course our check in sign (aka the Pumpkin patch) with pumpkins for each nursery child to add to the patch when they come in.
Winter/Christmas change... replace the wheat with snowman and either little snowflakes or little snowman for the check in.

Here is my misstep.. I thought oh I will do a garland effect with the leaves... kind of wish I would have just hung them individually.



Same thing with the apples in the small room.  And added some leaves.


The chalkboard in the small room with lyrics from the CSB Autum Day.  Thanks for the tip Charlene! MUSIC GODDESS!
The winter change here is take down the paper and create the navitiy scene for the children to see.


The walls are to look like an apple orchard, ready for harvesting. 


Again, for the winter/Christmas season, take down the trees, buckets and apples... add the Shepards and the star on the large wall... and the 3 wise men on the shorter wall. 
 
 
I love the apple trees! Reminds me of home!
 
 
Enjoy!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment