Monday, August 6, 2012

Sand and Sea!!

Changing the decoration in the nursery is always challenging...sometimes I wonder how far can I push the boundaries? How crazy can I go?  Well, I decided to take a dive...under the sea!  


 
This is the long wall in the larger room of our nursery.  It took me FOREVER to attach all the pieces, blue tacky poster putty stuff as to not damage the walls.  I think it was worth all the effort and time.. and pulling off tiny bits of poster putty!! 

 Hmm. I thought you'd be able to read that better, but oh well. It's Neal A. Maxwell. You can't go wrong with him! It reads "If we will hold fast to the Church's proclamation on the family, we will see that we hold the jewels, as it were, that can enrich so many other things..."


A view from the doorway between the two nursery rooms of the hanging fish, seahorses and a couple octopus/jellyfish.  I think the kids liked them!


And our chalkboard in the large room, still need to add the Proclamation to the World on the Family to it.  Looks cool either way!

In the small room I decided to do the shore, so the beach!  Here is what I came up with!!


This our chalkboard in the smaller room (the one we use for snack, some lessons, playdough, ect.)  The sign reads "Don't Be Crabby!" and a quote from Elder David Bednar "We can begin to become more diligent and concerned at home by telling the people we love that we love them. We simply should sincerely and frequently express love."


 And our stuff/shoe/craft holder, they are laminated shells with the "regulars" name on them as well as a few that are marked guest, buddy, new friend, ect..


 The hanging stuff in the smaller room, shovels, pails, sand castle molds. 


And lastly the long wall in the small room, complete with sand castle, sun (in upper corner) two kites, and a shovel and a couple pails.  

I hope it was completely over the top! haha!! Let me know what ya'll think!

No comments:

Post a Comment